Spoon River College recognizes undergraduate achievement as measured by both the general and subject examinations of the College Level Examination Program (CLEP). Scores may be submitted to Admissions and Records for evaluation, and if the level of achievement is at or above the minimum standards and score levels established by the college, based on the American Council on Education (ACE) recommendation, credit may be granted. Regardless of the number of hours earned through CLEP, the student must meet the college’s residency requirement for graduation.
Course Proficiency Examination:
Proficiency exams are available for some career and transfer courses.
- A proficiency exam application form must be submitted to the Dean of Student Services to obtain approval for the exam. Applications are available in Student Services on the Canton and Macomb Campuses and Havana and Rushville Center locations.
- An applicant must be an SRC student and a high school graduate or hold a GED certificate.
- Students are not permitted to repeat unsuccessful attempts on exams within a period of one calendar year.
- Credit by examination will not be permitted for a course where the student has enrolled in the course and remains in the course past the add/drop dates for that course, has taken a higher-level course, or is currently taking a higher-level course.
- The fee for a proficiency test is $10 per credit hour.
- Fees are payable before the examination is completed and are charged whether the exams are passed or failed.
- Credits earned by proficiency exam are not used in calculating GPA.
- Contact an academic advisor for additional information.
|Course||Course Name||Credit Hour|
|HS 101||First Aid||2|
|GT 150||Applied Mathematics||3|
|CSC101||Intro to Computers||3|