Your business or business idea is very important to the Economic Development in our communities. We offer training that can enhance your skills, assist the development of your employees, as well as promote the growth of your organization. We offer various workshops and seminars throughout the year to assist you!
Workforce Training for Your Business
Our commitment to providing a total training solution means we’ll partner with you to create customized programs that are central to your company’s success. This includes specialized curriculums, flexible class schedules, and options such as web-based and computer-based training.
The Office of Community Outreach is truly committed to creating partnerships with business and industry and other public agencies. By working cooperatively with business and industry we can jointly address many of the workforce and training needs of the region and community. Ask us about training opportunities. We have state-of-the art facilities available or we can provide training on-site “at your place.”
We have worked with many businesses and institutions to design programs to meet specific needs. Some of our clients are Pella Corporation, MidAmerica National Bank, Graham Hospital, McDonough District Hospital, NTN Bower Corporation, state and local agencies, and many more. Some of our topics have included Team Building, Leadership, Diversity Training, Microsoft Excel, and more.
Our services to you include:
- Meeting with your business representatives to determine your exact needs
- Locating the best possible facilitator for your training
- Designing a curriculum and presentation method best suited to your needs
- Scheduling the best time and location for your training
- Using the latest technologies to enhance the instruction
- Delivering a complete package of training
- Offering the best economical pricing for the highest quality of instruction
Contact us and let us help you make your business the best it can be!
- Andrea Barbknecht (Canton) (309) 649-6368 Email Andrea Barknecht
- Stephanie Howerter (Havana) (309) 543-4413 Email Stephanie Howerter
- Lily Moser (Macomb/Rushville) (309) 833-6032 Email Lily Moser
- Janet Young (Rushville) (217) 322-6060 Email Janet Young
Pre Scheduled Classes
Sign up your employees for one of our pre scheduled classes! We would be glad to invoice your organization and work directly with you to help get your employees on their way to success at your organization!
A Community Outreach Schedule is created each month and includes an up to date listing of community classes for Canton, Havana, Macomb, Rushville and Online! It includes information on special events, community education, professional development, technology, youth and retiree programs, workforce training, economic and community development, institutional advancement, news and more. Courses, programs and projects are ongoing; therefore a new version of our Schedule is created each month. If you are looking for our “schedule”, including more detailed information on courses along with descriptions, this is what you need!
Online Training for YOUR Staff
- In partnership with Ed2Go, Spoon River College offers a wide range of highly interactive courses that you can take entirely over the Internet. All of our courses include expert instructors, many of whom are nationally known authors.
- All courses run for six weeks (with a two-week grace period at the end). Courses are project-oriented and include lessons, quizzes, hands-on assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more. Staff at your organization can complete any of these courses entirely from their home or office and at any time of the day or night.
- Examples of classes include: Grant Writing, Microsoft Office, Accounting Fundamentals, Project Management, Communicating Like a Leader, QuickBooks, Managing Customer Service, Grammar Refresher, Keys to Effective Communication, Sales & Marketing, and more.
- Requirements: All courses require Internet access, e-mail, the Netscape Navigator, or the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Some courses may have additional requirements.
- Class sessions begin the third Wednesday of each month. Please visit the Online Instruction Center to view all classes or for more information at: www.ed2go.com/spoonriver.