*The application process is currently closed. Please check back for updates.
Who can apply?
Students who have applied, or are eligible to apply, for Federal Student Aid can apply for the CARES Hardship Fund Grant. These funds are to be used for expenses due to the impact of COVID-19. Expenses could include but are not limited to the following: purchase of a laptop, daycare expenses due to children attending school through remote learning, food, housing, course materials, technology, and health care.
To qualify for the funds you must:
- Be enrolled for the current term.
- Not be enrolled in elementary or secondary school (dual credit).
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Not owe an overpayment on Title IV Grants or loans.
- Not be in default on a Title IV Loan.
- Submit a FAFSA for calendar year 2020-2021, including the student signature on the statement of educational purpose and have a valid Social Security Number.
- Be a U.S. citizen or national, permanent resident, or other eligible noncitizens.
- Have returned fraudulently obtained Title IV funds.
- Not have fraudulently received Title IV loans in excess of annual or aggregate loan limits.
- Have repaid Title IV loan amounts in excess of annual or aggregate limits if obtained inadvertently.
- Not have a federal or state conviction for drug possession or sale, with certain time limitations.
- Applications will be reviewed and awards determined on a case by case basis. Applications will be reviewed with 7 days of receipt.
- Approved grants will be issued to the student within 14 days of approval.
- All funding awarded will be paid to the student DIRECTLY.
- Students with outstanding balances due to the College will receive the entire CARES disbursement. Any balance due to SRC should be paid using normal billing procedures.
- Funds are issued according to the student’s refunds selection on record with SRC through Nelnet. Please make sure your address with SRC is up to date. You will receive an e-mail from Nelnet with directions on how to update/make your refund selection option. You will have 24 hours from the time of this e-mail to update your refund options. Weekends and holidays may not be included in this 24 hour period.
General Provisions of CARES Hardship Fund Grants
- Application is a request for assistance and does not guarantee an award of any funds.
- Applications will be evaluated objectively based on need demonstrated and the emergency which caused the need.
- All financial assistance will be distributed in compliance with the CARES Act regulations and SRC’s nondiscrimination policy.