The need for qualified health care workers continues to rise to meet the ever-increasing need in health services, particularly in the areas of medical coding, transcription, and records. The health information manager analyzes, integrates, and manages health information for patient care, reimbursement, planning, marketing, and research.
Certificates and Degrees
**All AH, BIO, BUS, and HS courses must be passed with a final grade of “C” or better in order to graduate from the Health Information Management program and/or certificates.
- Associate in Applied Science Degree Plan
- Advanced Medical Coding Certificate
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Coding Certificate
- Medical Insurance & Billing Certificate
- Medical Records Certificate
- Medical Transcription Certificate
- Phlebotomy Technician Certificate
Nature of Work
Graduates of the Health Information Management program will be trained to find employment in non-nursing patient care activities in nursing homes, hospitals, medical clinics, insurance companies, and public and private health care facilities. This program is part of the Health Science Career Cluster.
- Medical Billing
- Medical Insurance Specialist
- Medical Office Manager
- Insurance Office Manager
- Medical Assistant
- Hospital Unit Secretary
- Nursing Home Office Assistant