Each year, a student election is held at Spoon River College to elect a Student Trustee (term is served April – April of each calendar year). Petitions may be picked up each year beginning February, and voting takes place online in early March.
- Attend Board of Trustees Meetings on a monthly basis and as needed at other times
- Update the Board of Trustees on college events and student life activities
- Represent the student body on the Student Government Association in either Canton or Macomb
- Gain leadership skills
- Further the interests and promote the welfare of SRC students
- Opportunities to attend state student trustee meetings and conferences
- Receive a one-year stipend toward your tuition and fees for up to 30 credit hours (not to exceed a pre-determined amount for each semester).
2022-2023 Spoon River College Student Trustee
Educational background and future plans:
"I obtained my high school diploma from Havana High School. While in high school I took a dual credit class through Spoon River College. I absolutely loved my teacher and class. It was one of my favorite parts of high school, and I knew I wanted to transition to SRC. "Now that I am attending SRC I am working towards my associates degree in Biological Sciences. After SRC I plan to attend SIUE to get my bachelors degree. After my Bachelors degree I hope to be accepted into their dental program to pursue my dream of becoming a dentist and working for my family's dentistry business.".
Reasons for running for student trustee:
"Becoming Student Trustee has been a goal of mine since before I actually started to attend SRC. I love the idea of being able to have a voice for our student body. As Student Trustee, I would make sure students are enjoying the activities and overall student life on campus. Students are the reason we all come to school and I would love to be an asset, voice, and audience for students like you."
- HEAL Association
- Student Ambassador
- Resident Assistant at Villas
- Work for SRC in River Roast Cafe and Cafeteria
- SRC President's list
- National Honors Society in high school
- Vice-President of student body in high school
- HHS Student Council Student of the Year award