CRRSAA Emergency Funds (HEERF)
The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) is authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260, signed into law on Dec. 27, 2020. In total, the CRRSAA authorizes $81.88 billion in support for education, in addition to the $30.75 billion expeditiously provided last spring through the Coronavirus Aid, Recovery, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Public Law 116-136.
Enroll for Fall 2022 now!
HEERF Funds are available!
The more hours you are enrolled in, the more funds you are eligible to receive.
These funds are in addition to financial aid, scholarships, or other external funding sources.
How to get up to $750 in three easy steps... and if you are already enrolled, it is only two steps!
- Enroll in at least six (6) credit hours for Fall 2022 by August 22, 2022. (Actual award amounts will be based on registered hours for Fall 2022 at the end of the business day on September 2, 2022).
- Be a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident, or an eligible non-citizen.
- Complete the Fall 2022 College HEERF III application.
Fall 2022 Disbursements
|6-11 Credit Hours||$250|
|12-14 Credit Hours||$500|
|15 or more Credit Hours||$750|
How to submit your application for HEERF funds:
- Go to the
Student Portal and log in... login is required!
- Go to MySRC. The HEERF application link is located on the left-hand side, all the way at the bottom of the menu.
- Click on:
FA22 College HEERF Student Grant Application
- Offer is for Fall 2022 only.
- Offer available limited time only-until funding is exhausted.
Awards based on registered hours for Fall 2022 at the end of the business day on September 2, 2022.
- Funds are in addition to any other funding sources including Pell, MAP, and scholarships.
- High school students taking dual credit courses are not eligible.
- Awards will be applied to student accounts after September 2, 2022. Any Nelnet payment plans will be reduced by the amount awarded after funds are applied to student accounts. Awarding may take up to 10 days.
- Must be enrolled in Fall 2022 credit courses (Dual Credit, VSK, CE, ABE, ASE, ESL credits are not eligible).
What You Need To Know About HEERF Funds:
Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis to ensure students meet eligibility requirements.
Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis until funding is exhausted.
Students will be notified of the HEERF III award through MySRC email.
DO NOT report this as income when filing a FAFSA.
This is not considered financial aid when calculating financial aid and award eligibility.
- The federal tax treatment of these funds is still uncertain. We will update this page once further information is available from the IRS.
- All awards must adhere to federal statutory and regulatory requirements.