3.2.4 – Job-Related Subpoenas
POLICY: Eligible employees subpoenaed to report to court as a representative of Spoon River College are granted leave with pay.
This policy applies to all eligible employees including the following:
- Full-time administrators
- Full-time professional support staff
- Regularly scheduled part-time administrators
- Regularly scheduled part-time professional support staff
- The College maintains the right to request the appropriate authority to release such personnel members from jury duty in any manner permitted by law.
- Employees provide evidence in the form of written notification to the supervisor upon knowledge of the event.
- Employees report for regular College duty when attendance in court is not required.
- Employees receive normal pay when appearing in court on behalf of the College.