COVID-19 Cases at Spoon River College
These numbers reflect positive cases of COVID-19 for individuals associated with Spoon River College.
Updated: October 29, 2020
|Campus or Site ||
# of Confirmed Active Cases||# of Recovered Cases*||Total Cases since March 2020|
*Recovered- Release letter from the Illinois Department of Public Health
Below are three links to offer guidance related to COVID-19:
For details about our services and operations, please click on the
green boxes below.
Updated: Tuesday, August 25, 2020
Campus hours of operation: Mondays through Fridays, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
• 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mondays through Fridays.
• The Learning Resource Center will continue to offer virtual services, and some limited face-to-face services will be also offered with an appointment.
• Academic and student support services are available for virtual or in-person appointments to provide assistance for student access.
• Computer labs will be available. Computing space is limited in each area, and occupancy of the LRC may also be limited.
• Student Support Services will provide an in-person option to access specific student support services on a limited basis.
• 1:1 student services (i.e., Advising, Career Services, etc.) will continue to be delivered remotely and an in person appointments will be available upon request during regular service hours.
• Testing Center reopens with appointment only approach and social distancing/sanitization.
• Admission, Enrollment, and Financial Aid Services service counters open for student document drop-off, signing paperwork, and general assistance. Virtual services will remain available, and are encouraged.
• Bookstore and Student Accounts: tuition payment and book sales/rentals will continue through in-person and virtual services.
• Computing Help Desk support will continue through virtual services.
• Students should monitor their Canvas accounts for up-to-date information about their sections for fall 2020 classes.
• Students who are on campus during scheduled class time to work with faculty will be required to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and social distancing protocols.
• Fall 2020 semester classes are available in 3 formats -- blended course delivery and on-campus services that allow a mix of face-to-face classes but with reduced enrollment, hybrid courses that involve both online and classroom work, and courses that are online only.
Fall 2020 12-week classes begin September 21, and second 8-week classes begin October 19. To register for 12-week or 8-week classes, contact your advisor. If you aren't sure who your advisor is, email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 309-649-6400 (Canton Campus) or 309-833-6069 (Macomb Campus).
• Face Coverings - Students and visitors are required to wear face coverings while on campus.
• Social Distancing - Six feet of social distancing is required on campus at all times. All meetings should continue to be held in a virtual format.
• If you are having any COVID Symptoms, please do not enter the building.
• Please read and adhere to all guidance as posted on signs around campus.
• Face coverings - Employees working on campus are required to wear face coverings unless working alone in an office or classroom with the door shut. If you are not able to provide your own face covering, please discuss this with your supervisor to be given a face covering.
• Symptom Monitoring - Employees are required to check for symptoms of COVID-19 before coming to campus and by reporting to campus attest that they do not have a fever or exhibit symptoms. Employees with symptoms are required to stay home. Employees who exhibit any symptoms are to complete a self-assessment questionnaire and report the information to Human Resources.
• Frequent hand washing is required. Additionally, we are making efforts to obtain adequate hand sanitizer around campus.
• The Canton Campus Cafeteria will open September 14, 2020 with adjustments to service and dining area. Vending machines will be available.
• Occupancy will be limited in certain areas.
• High-touch areas will be disinfected nightly.
• No gatherings of more than 50 people will be allowed and everyone must maintain a social distance of 6 feet.