Are you eligible to become a TRIO student?
All participants must be:
A United States citizen or permanent resident, enrolled at Spoon River College-Macomb campus, and meet one or more of these criteria:
What are the benefits of being a TRIO student?
- Personal and Academic Enrichment Workshops
- Professional English and Math tutoring
- Peer Tutoring
- Intensive Academic Advising & Course Selection Assistance
- Degree, Grade, and Attendance Monitoring
- Financial Aid Exploration & Assistance in Completing FAFSA & Other Aid/Scholarship Forms
- Financial/Economic Literacy Education
- TRIO scholarship program
- Advisement on Transferring to a Four-Year College/University
- Campus Visits to Four Year Colleges and Universities
- Career Exploration, Planning, and Advising
- Off-Campus Cultural Activities
- Textbook Lending Library
- Instructional Aides (graphing calculators, voice recorders)
- Printing privileges within the TRIO-SSS Office
How to apply?
Application/ Intake Process
The application process begins with the Student Support Services Application. You can download and print the application from here, or obtain a paper application by visiting Room 214 located on the top floor of Spoon River College, on the Macomb campus.
SRC TRIO Application
Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com, dropped off in Room 214 or mailed to: Spoon River College, Attn: Jill Olson, 208 S. Johnson Street, Macomb, IL 61455.
After submitting your application, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment for an intake interview with the Program Director and Program Advisor. They will talk with you about your educational background, academic needs, and future plans. The interview lasts approximately 60 minutes. Students will be notified by email after a decision about acceptance has been made.