The information on this page is not owned by Spoon River College. We will try to verify that the employment opportunities are valid at the time of posting. Job postings will be shown for 30 days after they have been submitted.
To view job opportunities at Spoon River College, go to the employment page and click on the Current Openings link at the bottom left.
Live Music Tutor
We are an online Music Company that connects Music Instructors/Musicians with students to teach them how to play an instrument.
Want To Make Extra Cash while teaching music online to others? Instructors earn up to 80% of the classes you teach and you can set your own hours.
Live Music Tutor is free to join and the World's First Online Music Education Ecosystem
Teach all Instruments (including voice), all skill levels and all genres welcome!
With students around the globe, you can teach online with live-video 24/7 around your own schedule and when it is convenient for you!
Visit www.livemusictutor.com to find the ‘Become and Instructor’ section. There you can find more information and then use the ‘Submit Instructor Application Here’ button to join us.
*Please note all Instructors must complete an online background check and can be eligible to teach all ages if desired.
All you will need to do is complete the signup application process, create an online profile and bio, create a welcome video and schedule your availability for classes to begin teaching!
In addition to Live Music Tutor providing the lion-share of marketing support we will also help you market to all of your friends, family members and social network who might be interested.
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our online chat service available at www.livemusictutor.com.
Go to www.livemusictutor.com to find the ‘Become and Instructor’ section. There you can find more information and then use the ‘Submit Instructor Application Here’ button to join us.
Convergent Inc, a company which specializes in health care reimbursements, has openings for a Claims Representative in its new Insurance/Problem Claims Department at their Peoria, IL offices. Convergent is a leading provider of Denial Management, Workers' Compensation and Problem Claims Solutions, and Medicaid Eligibility and Enrollment Services to hospital systems all over the country.
Claims Representatives work a caseload of accounts and report directly to a Senior Attorney or Supervisor. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): contacting insurance companies to appeal wrongfully denied or underpaid insurance claims, utilizing federal and state laws and statutes, settlement negotiations, identifying client issues, and maintaining a working knowledge of assigned clients, states, and insurers.
•Strong analytical, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
•Excellent oral and written communication skills
•Proficiency in Word and Excel is required
•Regular attendance is required
•Remain in a stationary position 85% of the time
•Occasionally move about inside the office to access office machinery etc.
•Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e. calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
•Must be able to exchange accurate information over the phone and in person
•Convergent offers a competitive benefit package which includes multiple varieties of medical coverage, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and limited flex-time.
Apply on company website:
Riden Farm Supply
Operations/Crop Scout Intern
Summary: Working at a locally owned agriculture retailer, Riden Farm Supply, Inc., Good Hope, Illinois, this intern will primarily work to assist management in the overall operations of the business. Will be exposed to virtually all aspects of the ag retail business. Also, this intern will be involved in crop scouting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
•Work one-on-one with local Agronomist ◦Seed population/stand counts
◦Identification of weeds, insects and diseases
◦Managing the Innovation trials on six key growers
•Operating various machinery, including driving truck & forklift
•Agronomy plant operations ◦Sort and deliver seed to customer
◦Operate the Seed Treater
•Other duties as assigned
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
•Ability to deliver clear, concise and effective verbal and written communications to a targeted audience
•Experience with computer skills i.e. Microsoft office software
•Ability to read a plat map to reach the desired location
•Good interpersonal skills
•Reacts well under pressure and treats others with respect, courtesy and consideration
•Problem-solving capabilities and a mechanical aptitude
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
•Currently a student pursuing an agriculture-related degree
•Agriculture experience or background a plus
Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents. Ability to write reports and business correspondence, including email. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, supervisors, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts of basic math (add, subtract, divide, multiply) in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percentages.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills - Must have basic computer software understanding; experience in Microsoft Office programs.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications -Strong and effective communication and organizational skills are essential. Must be able to multitask with several projects occurring at the same time; current state driver’s license and satisfactory MVR (motor vehicle record); and ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time under all weather conditions.
Please apply using this link:
Assistant Store Director
To assist the Store Director in establishing and maintaining Genuine Customer Care, accountability for the operation of the store insuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandising, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage.
* Product knowledge
* Customer Minded
* Communication skills
* People/Team development skills
* Leadership skills
* Open Minded
* Organization/Prioritizing skills
* Detail Minded
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• To treat customers as guests with respect and courtesy while providing them with quick, friendly service. This includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of Maximum Customer Care.
• Analyze and measure business trends; develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals and objectives.
• Controls shrink, expenses and payroll.
• Ensures appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise adjacencies and presentations; signing and assortment in all departments; ensure selling floor is adequately stocked.
• Be aware of competition activities and report results; share information with supervisor and make appropriate price recommendations.
• Reviews department/store trends and recommend and initiate changes for maximizing goals and objectives.
• Ensures compliance with all laws, policies and procedures through regular store management and staff meetings, store walk through and audits, etc. Act as NFI's representative both within the store and within the community.
• Continually evaluates and reacts to performance issues.
• Actively recruits management candidates.
• Trains and develops store management in all aspects of the business; direct and monitor training and development for all store personnel.
• Any other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
• Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS register system.
• Ability to communicate with Associates and guests.
• Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
• Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area and register area.
• Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
• Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee store operations.
Please apply at www.mycountymarket.com
Once your submitted job posting is approved, it will display on our page for 30 days.