The information on this page is not owned by Spoon River College. We will try to verify that the employment opportunities are valid at the time of posting. Job postings will be shown for 30 days after they have been submitted.
To view job opportunities at Spoon River College, go to the employment page and click on the Current Openings link at the bottom left.
Diesel Truck Technician - Mechanic $2500 sign-on bonus!
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Works under limited supervision and follows established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior technicians in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
A. Education and Experience
- Required: Two years previous experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Required: Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Required: Valid CDL and must have a clean driving record.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
- Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
To apply for the position visit our website http://tr.wmcareers.net/ and search via requisition # 236671, or call (877) 220-5627
Chiropractic Wellness Connection
Part Time position available 4-6:15 pm Monday -Friday at local Dr office. Looking for an energetic, motivated individual for a fast paced office setting. Must be able to multi task, stand for long periods, and be professional to all patients. Good communication skills on the phone & in person is a must. Daily duties will include working with patients, answering the phone, being on the computer, and other office activities.
Please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at 535 S 5th Ave. Canton, IL 61520.
Metropolitian Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
Field and Laboratory Technician
Under supervision, and in accordance with specified methods, performs a variety of technical duties associated with the control and collection of field data related to agronomic research and monitoring projects, the analysis of samples, and the operation and maintenance of equipment used in the field and laboratory.
Absolute Requirement: Possession of a valid driver's license.
Minimum Requirements: Graduation from a standard senior high school or the equivalent and two years of full time experience, including one year performing laboratory analyses relating to the chemical, biological or agricultural sciences and one year relating to the operation and maintenance of power equipment such as motors, generators, pumps, engines, and associated machinery used in field and research activities.
Substitution: Completion of one year of full time study at an accredited college or university majoring in Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science or other science curriculum involving chemical or biological laboratory work may be substituted for the required laboratory experience. Completion of one year of full time study at an accredited technical or vocational school majoring in the operation and maintenance of power equipment such as motors, generators, pumps, engines and associated machinery may be substituted for the required equipment operation and maintenance experience.
Applications will be accepted only during the designated filing period for this examination. The opening and closing dates of the filing period are listed in this announcement. Applications must be filed by the following method:
Submitted online through the District's Online Employment Center at www.districtjobs.org. Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on the closing date in order to be considered.
The examination will consist of a written test weighted 100%. The minimum passing score on the written test will be 70% unless determined otherwise by the Director of Human Resources. Candidates much achieve a passing score to have their names placed on the eligible list.
The written test will assess candidates' knowledge, skill and ability in areas such as basic knowledge of laboratory and field research and monitoring techniques; the operation, maintenance, and mechanics of farm and laboratory equipment including rain gauges, soil sampling and temperature probes, power equipment such as motors, generators, pumps, engines, and associated machinery used in field and research activities; laboratory, field and farm safety; the ability to read and follow standard operating instructions and procedures in the performance of field and laboratory tests; and basic mathematic calculations.
All applicants will be advised in writing if they have been admitted to the examination process. Applicants who do not receive a response to their application by March 6, 2015 should contact the Employee Selection Office at (312) 751-5100.
WRITTEN TEST: The written test will be administered on Saturday, March 14, 2015. Approved applicants will be advised by email of the time and location of the written test.
Candidates should report at the designated time and location with the approved admission letter and a driver's license or other form of photo identification. Calculators will be provided. The use of books, study guides, cell phones, PDAs, laptops or other aids during the test is prohibited.
Appointments will be made from an eligible list with three categories: A (Exceptionally Well Qualified), B (Well Qualified) and C (Qualified). Candidates in the highest category will be given first consideration for appointment. The eligible list has a duration of three years. Appointment is subject to successfully passing a physical examination, a drug test, an evaluation of the candidate's ability to meet the specific physical demands of the job and a criminal history background investigation.
Once your submitted job posting is approved, it will display on our page for 30 days.