Post an Opening
Spoon River College has partnered with College Central to offer a free online job listing site. Here is the information you need to get started.www.collegecentral.com/src
EMPLOYER HELP SHEET
We appreciate your interest in employing Spoon River College students and alumni. Our recruitment services involve a cooperative effort with College Central Network, Inc. Follow the instructions below to access our FREE online job board.
Step 1. You must register and be approved in order to post jobs and conduct resumes searches. An email address is required to register. Contact our office if you do not have access to email.
Go to the URL listed above.
- Select the Employers icon. Read the information on the second screen.
- Choose the link for Register Now. Enter registration info and create an Access ID. If the ID you choose is already in our database, please choose another. Letters or numbers may be used.
- Once approved by our office, you will receive an email notification confirming your Access ID and informing you of your Password.
**Note: The Help Page link will give you detailed directions and other useful information**
Step 2. Using the CCN Recruitment Services for Employers once approved:
- Go to our school’s site as above and choose the Employers icon.
- Click the link for Online Services.
- Enter your Access ID and assigned Password.
- From your account page, you may:
Update or Review Registration Information
- Please keep your information up-to-date for the accuracy of our records.
Post a New Job
- Give plenty of detail to make your postings attractive to students/alumni. You may cut and paste job descriptions. If posting part-time jobs, please list hours required.
- Please list the city or area where the job is located to aid jobseekers.
- You can edit the resume submission deadline date to best fit the job.
- Be sure to list an email address in the contact information to receive resumes via the system. This also helps us track student resume submissions.
Once you have posted a job, you can Post, Edit, Repost or Expire Job Postings
- Post new job opportunities - it’s unlimited and free.
- Edit job postings as needed.
- Repost expired jobs if they are still open or become open again.
- Expire jobs when they have been filled prior to the deadline date.
If approved for this feature, you can easily Search Student and Alumni Resumes.
If you have questions, contact our office at: 309.649.6324 or 309.833.6022.
Attend a Job Fair
Spoon River College has a Fall and Spring Job Fair. Employers that are interested in attending one or both of these fairs is encouraged to reserve a booth early as there is usually limited space. Job Fairs offer employers an opportunity to meet students, graduates and the general public. If you would like to get your companies name on our list, please fill out the online form. Staff will follow up with an email to let you know when the next Job Fair will be located and the time and date.
Potential Job Fair Attendee (see page below for information on how to set this up)
Some employers prefer to come on our campuses and met with prospective students. To recruit on campus, you will need to contact a Career Services team member at 309.649.634 or 309.833.6022. Employers will be given the opportunity to set up an information table in a high traffic area of the campus of their choice. Your Career Services team member will work with you to find the best time, place and day to meet informally with students in between classes. Career Services will post flyers to let students know when you will be on campus.
Training and Re-training
Our commitment to providing a total training solution means we'll partner with you to create customized programs that are central to your company's success. This includes specialized curriculums, flexible class schedules, and options such as web-based and computer-based training.
The Office of Community Outreach is truly committed to creating partnerships with business and industry and other public agencies. By working cooperatively with business and industry we can jointly address many of the workforce and training needs of the region and community. Ask us about training opportunities.
We have state-of-the art facilities available or we can provide training on-site “at your place.”
We have worked with hundreds of businesses and institutions to design a program to meet specific needs. Some of our clients are Pella Corporation, Mid America National Bank, Graham Hospital, McDonough District Hospital, state and local agencies, and many more. Some of our topics have included Team Building, Leadership, Diversity Training, Microsoft Excel, and more.
Our services to you include:
- Meeting with your business representatives to determine your exact needs
- Locating the best possible facilitator for your training
- Designing a curriculum and presentation method best suited to your needs
- Scheduling the best time and location for your training
- Using the latest technologies to enhance the instruction
- Delivering a complete package of training
- Offering the best economical pricing for the highest quality of instruction
NO CHALLENGE IS TOO DIFFICULT. Contact us and let us help you make your business the best it can be.