The mission of Spoon River College TRIO Student Support Services is to provide our students with academic support and personal guidance in successfully completing a program of study at the college and additional assistance in transitioning to a four-year college or university.
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded program designed to help students overcome social, academic, class, and cultural barriers in higher education.
Our program aims to improve the academic success of our students and increase the number of participants graduating and transferring to four year universities.
Spoon River College’s TRIO participants are provided with personalized advising, resources, and additional learning opportunities that enhance their overall college experience and motivate them for success.
Are you eligible to become a TRIO student?
What are the benefits of being a TRIO student?
- Personal and Academic Enrichment Workshops
- Professional English, Math and Science tutoring
- Peer Tutoring
- Intensive Academic Advising & Course Selection Assistance
- Priority Registration
- Degree, Grade, and Attendance Monitoring
- Financial Aid Exploration & Assistance in Completing FAFSA & Other Aid/Scholarship Forms
- Financial/Economic Literacy Education
- TRIO scholarship program
- Advisement on Transferring to a Four-Year College/University
- Application fee waivers to four-year colleges and universities
- Campus Visits to Four Year Colleges and Universities
- Career Exploration, Planning, and Advising
- Off-Campus Cultural Activities
- Textbook Lending Library
- Instructional Aides (graphing calculators, voice recorders)
- Printing privileges within the TRIO-SSS Office
How to apply?
The application process begins with the
SRC TRIO Application. You can download and print the application from here, or obtain a paper application by visiting Room 214 located on the top floor of Spoon River College, on the Macomb campus.
Completed applications can be emailed to
email@example.com, dropped off in Room 214 or mailed to:
Spoon River College
Attn: Jill Olson
208 S JOHNSON ST
MACOMB IL 61455
After submitting your application, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment for an intake interview with the Program Director and Program Advisor. They will talk with you about your educational background, academic needs, and future plans. The interview lasts approximately 60 minutes. Students will be notified by email after a decision about acceptance has been made.
Please click on the following link to take the survey.