To become eligible for an Associate Degree or Certificate from Spoon River College all students must fulfill the General Education Competencies and the requirements listed in the details below.
- Student must submit an Graduation Application (for either Associate Degree or Certificate), which is also available from the Registrar's Office or from an advisor.
- Application deadline for Fall Semester graduation is October 1st
- Application deadline for Spring Semester graduation is February 1st
- Application deadline for Summer Session graduation is July 1st
- Student is required to meet with an advisor to complete a degree audit. The degree audit must be attached to the graduation application and must have the advisor’s signature.
- Student must meet the residency requirements with a minimum of 15 credit hours completed at Spoon River College. One-third of the total credit hours completed must be “in residence” for all other programs and certificates.
- Student must complete at least 60 credit hours in a planned degree program of study or the specific requirements of a certificate program.
- Student must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Student must fulfill all financial obligations to the college.
- Students are encouraged to participate in graduation exercises. Students completing work in December and July are invited to participate in the May graduation exercises. Students participating in commencement exercises in May will be assessed a fee for the purchase of their cap and gown.
Student must meet the graduation requirements as outlined in the instructional program of the Catalog Year in effect at the time of the student's initial enrollment in the college. The Dean of Student Services may waive Catalog Year requirement. Student must submit written requests for considerations in addition to the application for graduation.