Information for Displaced Workers
At Spoon River College we understand how difficult it can be to get back on your feet have being laid off from your job. One of the best places to start re-building your future is by increasing your knowledge base and improving your job skills.
Spoon River College offers several short-term programs and skill-enhancing courses to help you get your career back on track or enhance your current job skills.
Start your personal economic recovery plan today with our quick and easy 5-step process:
- Check with your former employer to see if there were any state or federal re-training programs offered as part of your lay-off.
- Make an appointment with a Spoon River College advisor. They can help you with career exploration and determine which program will be your best fit.
- Apply for Financial Aid. There are many options available that can help pay for your education and re-training. Apply on-line at www.fafsa.gov today. Make sure to indicate that you are a displaced worker when filing.
- Explore our Career programs.
- Call to make an appointment with a representative at the Spoon River College Employability Skills Centers.
Explore some of the links at the right. There is a lot of information available to help you in this new process. But, as always, Spoon River College is available to help you on this new journey.
Spoon River College Advising
Canton - 309-649-6400
Macomb - 309-833-6069
Havana - 309-543-4413
Rushville - 217-322-6060
Spoon River College Financial Aid Office
Canton - 309-649-7030
Macomb - 309-833-6073