Spoon River College provides partial tuition support (charge-back) for students residing within the Spoon River College district to attend other Illinois public community colleges within specified limits as listed below:
- Charge-back support will be provided only for students who have declared intent to pursue a program of study not offered by Spoon River College which leads to a certificate or degree.
- Requests for support of individual courses will not be honored, nor will requests based on conveniences of scheduling, travel distance or other personal factors.
- Charge-back support will be provided for students who pursue programs not offered by Spoon River College either on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Students seeking attendance in a program not offered by Spoon River College may be directed to colleges that participate in a cooperative agreement.
- Charge-back support is approved for one academic year (3 semesters; fall, spring and summer) at a time. Requests should be made at least 30 days in advance of the term students are requesting.
- Upon approval of a chargeback request, the student will be responsible for paying only the in-district tuition and fees of that community college.
- Within five (5) days after the start of each semester, students must forward a copy of their registration form as verification of enrollment in the program approved to Spoon River College.
- Spoon River College will not pay chargeback should the student elect to attend a college not part of the cooperative agreement, if the program is not available in their district.
- Out-of-district students who are denied a chargeback request with their in-district institution may enroll in Spoon River College classes by paying the rate approved for out-of-district students. Information is available from the Office of the Vice President of Instruction and Student Services.
To apply for charge-back support, complete the required information below.
Completed request will be processed by the Vice President of Instruction and Student Services office in approximately 10 business days. The student and college to be attended will be notified by mail whether the request was approved or denied.