Spoon River College students may elect to view and print their IRS 1098-T through My SRC rather than wait for it to come in the mail. When you select the "Electronic" delivery method, you will have access to your IRS 1098-T in early January each year. Students who select "Paper" should expect their form to be mailed on January 31st.

Amounts reported on the 1098-T are for informational purposes only. You MUST rely on your receipts to determine the amount paid out-of-pocket for the tax credit. Students may also find their Course and Fee Statements helpful when completing their tax return.

Federal regulations allow those eligible to receive IRS Form 1098-T the option to receive the form in an electronic format instead of by mail. In order to exercise this option, eligible recipients must provide consent to receive the form in an electronic format. To receive an electronic IRS 1098-T, you must select "Electronic" on the 1098-T delivery method section in My SRC. This election must be made each year.

What are the benefits of receiving your 1098-T electronically?

  • Online delivery provides access to the form earlier than the traditional mailing process, and reduces costs to the College.
  • It eliminates the chance that the 1098-T will get lost, misdirected or delayed during delivery, or misplaced once you receive it.
  • It is easy and secure.
  • Go Green and save the environment.

Directions for Choosing the Electronic 1098-T

To elect to receive your IRS Form 1098-T in an electronic format, please opt-in by completing the following simple steps:

  1. Log-in to your student account on My SRC.
  2. Select the "Student" tab.
  3. Select "My 1098T".
  4. Select your choice of delivery method: "Electronic" or "Paper".

Withdrawal of Consent

You may withdraw consent to receive an IRS 1098-T form electronically at any time by prior to January 24th by changing your election to "Paper" using the same procedure as above.

Request for Paper Statement

If you consented to receive the 1098-T form in an electronic format, and you subsequently want to request a paper copy, please call Julie Riccioni in the Business Services Office at (309) 649-6212 or email the request to julie.riccioni@src.edu.

Updating Mailing Address

You may update your mailing address at any time by contacting Enrollment Services. Any updates must be completed by December 31st in order to ensure that the system is updated by the January 10th deadline. Please make sure your information is always up to date in order to reduce any potential delays in receiving the 1098-T tuition statement.

Availability of Electronic 1098-T Statements

Electronic 1098-T tuition statements will be available for the duration of your enrollment at SRC.

Viewing Your Electronic 1098-T Statements

You will not need any additional software to view or print the 1098-T form.

Please Note: Once consent is provided, it is important to note that SRC will not be mailing Form 1098-T to your home, but will be sending an email to your SRC email account notifying you that your form is available for viewing online.

Why am I receiving this form?  Form 1098-T is a statement that colleges and universities are required to issue to certain students.  It provides the total dollar amount paid by the student for what is referred to as qualified tuition and related expenses in a single tax year.

Why is the amount shown different than my records?  Form 1098-T from SRC shows amounts paid for qualified tuition and related expenses and any grants received during the calendar year.  The pay date does not necessarily correspond to the dates that the classes were attended.  For example, tuition for the Spring semester is typically billed in December so a student may have paid tuition for the Spring semester in 2018 despite the fact that classes didn't start until 2019.  The best and most accurate source of information about the amounts that you paid for qualified tuition and related expenses will be your Course and Fee Statements which can be printed from your My SRC Account.

Are books included?  This total does not include any books charged to your student account or grants for books.  Students should have records of the amounts paid for books in the form of receipts.