Nursing Assistant Admission
Thank you for your interest in the Nursing Assistant course at Spoon River College. Please read the Student Handbook and Information document and the required Physical Form under Resources to the right. Once reading over this material and making the decision that you want to register for the course, you will need to complete the following:
- Review the two attached documents.
- Arrange to take the pre-entrance SDRT test by calling the Student Services Department
- When you return your SDRT test to the proctor, schedule an appointment with a Student Services Department advisor.
- Schedule the appointment for your physical, be sure to have your physician complete the NA Physical form.
- Register for the course. You are required to pay a minimum of 25% down upon registration of the course.
- Purchase all required textbooks and skills packet, through the SRC bookstore, approximately 1-5 days before the first day of your course. Bring these textbooks and skills packet along with you to the first day of the course.
If you have questions, after reading the attached documents, please contact Sherry Nelson (Senior Nursing Office Assistant), (309)649-6227 or an advisor at (309)649-6400 in Canton or (309)833-6069 in Macomb.
Nursing Assistant - Certificate: 7 Credit Hours
Students must be 16 years old, be able to speak and understand the English language and must have completed at least eight years of grade school or provide proof of equivalent knowledge. Students are required to take a 50-minute reading comprehensive test before registering for the program. A physical with immunizations, including a two-step TB test are required prior to entry into the program. A live scan fingerprint background check will be required after acceptance into the program.