Spoon River College is a two-year, public community college in West Central Illinois with campuses and Community Outreach Offices in Canton and Macomb and Learning Centers in Havana and Rushville. Spoon River College (Illinois Community College District 534) covers approximately 1,566 square miles and includes portions of Fulton, McDonough, Mason, Schuyler and Knox counties.
How to File a Freedom of Information Act
1. To make a FOIA request from Spoon River College, contact Sally Shields at (309)649-6250 or email email@example.com.
2. Please be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking. Remember, the Freedom of Information Act is designed to allow you to inspect or receive copies of records. It is not designed to require a public body to answer questions.
3. Please tell us whether you would like copies of the requested records, or whether you wish to examine the records in person. You have the right to either option.
4. There is no fee for up to 50 pages of standard paper copies. For pages beyond 50, there is a .15-cent-per-page charge.
5. You are permitted to ask for a waiver of copying fees. To do so, please include the following statement (or a similar statement) in your written FOIA request: “I request a waiver of all fees associated with this request.” In addition, you must include a specific explanation as to why your request for information is in the public interest—not simply your personal interest—and merits a fee waiver.
6. Please include your name, preferred telephone number(s), mailing address, and, if you wish, your electronic mail address.
7. We are obligated to reply to your FOIA request within 5 business days from the date it is received.
For more information about FOIA requests visit the Illinois Attorney General’s website at http://foia.ilattorneygeneral.net/
For a list of FAQ, click on the link http://foia.ilattorneygeneral.net/pdf/FAQ_FOIA_Public.pdf or visit the Illinois Attorney General’s website at the link above.