This multi-building campus sits on 160 acres on County Road 22, just 10 minutes from downtown Canton. Originally built in 1972, the facilities have undergone several improvement projects in recent years. The main facility is made up of four connected buildings that house a student center, learning resource center, classrooms, laboratories, administrative offices, a cafeteria, and a conference center. A fifth building houses the maintenance and shipping facilities. Adequate, free parking is provided adjacent to the buildings. The campus also includes a natural arboretum, walking trail, and agricultural test plots.
Canton Campus (Driving Directions)
23235 N. County Highway 22
Canton, IL 61520
Student Services: (309) 649-6400
- First floor: faculty offices, general lecture classrooms and the Spoon River College Conference Center.
- Second floor: faculty offices, the Nursing Department, classrooms and labs for the Art and Nursing programs and The Fulton/Schuyler Regional Office of Education Alternative High School Program.
- Lower level: student center, café, bookstore, staff offices, multi-media department and print shop.
- First floor: Administrative offices, Student Services.
- Second floor: Learning Resource Center, Academic Success Center, Innovative Teaching and Learning Center, Adult Education.
Commercial Driver Training (CDT) Facility
- Located at 1240 S. 4th Avenue in Canton (about 5 minutes away from the Canton Campus).
- Spoon River College's CDT trucks are stored at this facility, and all CDT classes are taught in this location.
- Direct phone line: 309-647-2794.
Information on renting facilities on the Canton Campus
Vocational & Technical Education Center (VOTEC)
- First floor: faculty offices, the Technology and Support Services department, general lecture classrooms, and computer labs.
- Second floor: faculty offices, Drama Theatre, general lecture classrooms, science labs.
- Agriculture lab, Diesel Tractor Technology and Welding.
- This building houses equipment, warehouse space and offices for the Maintenance department.
The college's campus in Macomb is located south of the main square at 208 S. Johnson. Previously housing Macomb High School, the college renovated the building into a modern educational facility. The Macomb Campus offers the full range of college services including advising and admissions, a bookstore, financial aid, classrooms, laboratories, and a small learning resource center.
Macomb Campus (Driving Directions)
208 S. Johnson St.
Macomb, IL 61455
Student Services: (309) 833-6069
- Basement: faculty offices, classrooms, Adult Education Department, Technology and Support Services Department, Nursing Department, Academic Success Center and Innovative Teaching and Learning Center.
- Lower Level: Technology Learning Center, Student Lounge, Cyber Café.
- Main Level: Business Office, Student Services, Learning Resource Center, classrooms.
- Second Floor: faculty offices, classrooms, computer labs, science labs.
Classes are offered at the Havana Center, located at 324 East Randolph. The center, completed in Fall 2009, has classrooms/computer labs, a student lounge with vending machines, and office space. For information on Community Education classes and workshops, call (309) 647-6260.
Havana Center (Driving Directions)
324 E. Randolph
Havana, IL 62644
Spoon River College operates a center at 706 Maple Ave. The building was completed in July 2009. The Community Outreach division also offer classes at the SRC Rushville Center. To learn of workforce or business training opportunities in Rushville, call (309) 833-6031.
Rushville Center (Driving Directions)
706 Maple Ave.
Rushville, IL 62681
Community Outreach Centers
Spoon River College maintains two Community Outreach Centers to increase accessibility to technology and provide training and education in skills that are viewed as critical to success. The community outreach centers are located at 45 East Side Square, Suite 302 in Canton and at 2500 East Jackson in Macomb.
The Spoon River College Arboretum is a 10-acre tract of native trees and trails on the northern edge of the Spoon River College campus. Spoon River College Arboretum is a unique natural resource which has been developed as a rustic educational laboratory. The Arboretum is available to residents of the College district for daily casual use from sun rise to sun set. Please remember to dress appropriately when visiting the trails as poison ivy and poison oak may be encountered. Some Arboretum trails may be accessed by persons with disabilities, but do not meet ADA requirements.